Open studio is a time and place to create at your own pace.
A group of member artists gather for open studio most Fridays at 10 a.m. in the Second Floor Gallery of the ArtWorks Center. All artists welcome for $5. Members free.
The Open Studio is open ArtWorks Center business hours:
Tuesday - Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday from 10a.m. to 3 p.m.
How it works:
- Grab your favorite art supplies (paint, paper, canvas, etc. are all cool. Clay you'll grab from us; we like to keep our kiln healthy and to do that we need to control what goes in it.)
- Drive, ride your bike, walk, or run to 300 N. Main St. (We have parking in the back as well as street parking.)
- Open studio takes place downstairs in the Clay Cavern or the Second Floor Gallery, but you'll want to stop by our front desk to pay the $5 entry fee before heading down (unless you're an AACA member, in which case open studio is free.*) Occasionally, one of the spaces will be closed for a private event. The folks at the desk can advise you on that.
- If you want to throw on one of our wheels, you'll have to catch an orientation session. Contact us at 434-0934 to schedule.
- Pick your favorite spot, set up, and get your art on!
- If you'll be working on something other than clay, please bring your own materials with you.
- Free for AACA members
- $5 for those who are not yet members*
- Clay: $50 for a 25lb bag. Glaze and kiln fees are included in the cost of clay.
*wink wink nudge nudge