Playtime for everyone.
We all need a little recess now and then. While our classes provide the structure needed to pick up new skills, open studio is a time and place to create at your own pace.
The studio is open ArtWorks Center business hours:
Tuesday - Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday from 10a.m. to 3 p.m.
How it works:
- Grab your favorite art supplies (paint, paper, canvas, etc. are all cool. Clay you'll grab from us; we like to keep our kiln healthy and to do that we need to control what goes in it.)
- Drive, ride your bike, walk, or run to 300 N. Main St. (We have parking in the back as well as street parking.)
- Open studio takes place downstairs in the Clay Cavern, but you'll want to stop by our front desk to pay the $5 entry fee before heading down (unless you're an AACA member, in which case open studio is free.*)
- If you want to throw on one of our wheels, you'll have to catch an orientation session from John Sullivan, who takes care of all our clay shenanigans (thanks, John!) We'll let you know when those happen by posting them on Facebook.
- Pick your favorite spot, set up, and get your art on!
- If you'll be working on something other than clay, please bring your own materials with you.
- Free for AACA members
- $5 for those who are not yet members*
- Clay: $50 for a 25lb bag. Glaze and kiln fees are included in the cost of clay.
*wink wink nudge nudge