No need to raise your hand.
How do I sign up for a class?
You can sign up for a class in any of the following three ways:
- In person at the ArtWorks Center at 300 N Main Street in Austin.
- Give us a call (507.434.0934). Just a heads up you'll need to pay with a credit/debit card if you're signing up over the phone.
- At our nifty online store. Here's our step-by-step guide:
- Visit "Class Shop" under our Classes heading.
- Select your class by clicking on the image above the class title.
- If there is more than one date or project for a given class, select the one you're looking for from the drop down menu on the right.
- Click "Add to Cart."
- Provide your email.
- Your shopping cart will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the window. Once you're finished adding classes, click on your cart to proceed to the checkout page.
The class you want to attend is sold out. Now what?
Use this form to tell us about it. Or call 507-434-0934. We'll contact you if a registration opens up and we'll use the data to show our funders demand for more classes at the ArtWorks Center.
Do I have to sign up for a class in advance?
Yes, but don't panic. It's definitely to your advantage to sign up at least 48 hours beforehand, as 1) you're a lot more likely to find an open spot, and 2) you'll help us make sure the class is a go--if we don't have enough folks signed up 24 hours before a class, we're forced to cancel. (Signing up with your friends is a good way to make sure this doesn't happen.)
Registering in advance also helps us out, as we like to give our instructors a heads up on how many students they can expect for class so they can prepare enough materials. Day-of registration is available, but we may not have spots open or the class may be cancelled.
Speaking of cancellation, what if my class is cancelled?
Unfortunately, classes do get cancelled every now and then. If this happens, we'll give you a call 24 hours in advance at the phone number you provided when you registered. The good news is that you can choose to receive a full refund or transfer your payment to another class that we offer.
How do I know if a class will be appropriate for me or my kiddo in terms of age and skill level?
We include an age limit and try our best to describe appropriate skill levels for each class on our online calendar, store, and print brochure. However, if you have a question on appropriate age or skill level for a specific class, your best bet is to ask Lana the Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my class starts after the ArtWorks Center closes for the day?
We'll still be here! While we lock our main door at 5pm, we leave the side door (on Main Street, about 15 steps north of the main door) open for classes. Once you enter, you'll see a sign indicating where your class is - upstairs in the classroom or downstairs in the Clay Cavern.
Stairs are tough.
No problem! If you need an accessible entrance, please give us a call (507.434.0934) when you arrive or let us know when you sign up. You can access our elevator through the back entrance (turn into the parking lot off of 2nd Avenue, heading east past the Center). We'll meet you on the main floor to let you in and show you through the maze ;)
Should I dress in old clothes for my class?
If the instructor hasn't given you a specific heads up, follow these general guidelines:
- Clay is always messy.
- Paint is always messy.
- Art is usually messy.
- We have aprons, but they cover your torso and waist only, so your sleeves and pant legs will still be fair game for spills.
- Lectures, seminars, and discussions that don't use paint, markers, or clay are usually safe. Unless you plan on bringing a glitter bomb.*
*Probably never a good idea to bring a glitter bomb to class.
My question isn't here. How do I raise my hand?
We'll take care of you. Ask us at email@example.com.